The Max-Planck-Institute for Physics of Complex Systems in Dresden


Diese Seite gibt es auch auf Deutsch. For new guests we compiled some important information on the life in the institute.


Important Information

We moved to our new building. Therefore our address and the phone-numbers of all members changed. The new address is:

Max-Planck-Institut für Physik komplexer Systeme
Nöthnitzer Str. 38
01187 Dresden
Phone: +49 (0)351 871 1103
Fax: +49 (0)351 871 1199

The Email-addresses did not not change. We will try to update our pages as fast as possible, but it may last some time.

Interna Outer Space
Seminars of the MPI-PKS Workshops and Conferences
Reports on recent research projects (mostly in german) Library
Local Report-Server
Address, Travel information

[IMAGE]
Pictures from the construction site of the new institute
The Max-Planck-Institute of Complex Systems Physics was founded on 1 July, 1993. The location chosen by the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft is the saxonian capital Dresden. Prof. Peter Fulde was appointed founding director of the institute.

Since the final institute building will not be finished until 1997, the institute is at present accomodated in a provisional building which has been placed at disposal by the Dresden University of Technology. This building, however, has rooms only for a part of the staff of the institute, which is why the institute temporarily depends on the facilities of the Max Planck Institutes Stuttgart. In the long run, the institute plans to have some 100 collaborators, only a small part of them being permanent ones. Much stress is put on an intense visitors programme, which will allow work on certain projects over several months up to ca. one year with leading international scientists being involved.


The research groups and staff of the MPI-PKS

Photo of the members of the institute, Sept. 95 small (65kB) big (200kB)

Server statistics (takes several minutes)


Steffen Mallwitz

Last modified: 21/8/96/IA