- 2016-08-31 Group ends!
- 2016-08 Jose M. Miotto, Moritz Schoenwetter, and Jorge C. Leitao successfully defend their Ph.D. Thesis.
- 2016-07 Isabella Benczik visits the group for several weeks.
- 2016-06 Giampaolo Cristadoro visits the group for one week
- 2016-05-09 Manlio de Domenico visits the group for two months.
- 2016-03-01 Martin Gerlach successfully defends his Ph.D. Thesis.
- 2016-02-23 Eduardo Altmann successfully defends his Habilitation Thesis.
- 2016 -02-15-18 Anna Chmiel visits the group.
-2016-02-3/4/5 Participation on the MPIPKS Advisory Board vist.
-2015-09-8/9 Participation on the Informal Workshop of the Advanced Study Group
-2015-09-14 Anna Chmiel visits the group for two weeks and talks about loops
in multi-layer networks (on Tuesday, 10AM, 2B1).
- 2015- 7-4 Long Night of Science in Dresden, project: find your path in a
complex network through our wikigame.
- 2015-05-19 Parongama Sen (Calcuta, India) visits the group for one week and
talks (on Tuesday, 11AM 1D1) about Opinion dynamics models with domain size dependent
-2015-05-13 Damian Blasi (MPI-EVA, Leipzig) visits the group and talks
about Linguistic 101 or Data analysis
- 2015- 05-4 Cornelia Metzig (Imperial College, UK) visits the group and
talks bout Scaling and Fluctuation Scaling in a Stochastic Growth Model
- 2015- 01-27 Cesar Manchein visits the group for 3 weeks and talks about
Finite time Lyapunov Exponents.
- 2015-02-16 Joăo Viana Lopes (Univ. Porto), visits the group for 1 month.
-2015-14-01 Eduardo Zambrano talks about " Memory endowed US cities and
their demographic interactions", in room 1D1, 11AM.
-2014-10-28 Francesc Font Clos visits the group for 4 weeks, on Wednesday he
talks about Scaling laws in language
-2014-10-2 Julian Sienkiewicz joins the group as a Post-Doc.
- 2014-09-30 Talk at the Dresden Concept initiative
- 2014-09-09 Jefferson Portela visits the group for 2 weeks
-2014-8-5 Prof. Jason Gallas gives a talk on Factorization of exceptionally
long periodic orbits of the quadratic map in room 1D1, 11AM.
- 2014-7-14 Meghdad Saeedian visits the group for 3 days.
- 2014- 7-4 Long Night of Science in Dresden, project: find your path in a
-2014-6-2 Vimal Kishore joins the group as a Post-Doc.
-2014-2-4 Talk Chaos in der Physik as part of the Juniordoktor
-2014-1-23 Diego Rybski from the
PIK-Potsdam, visits the group for two days.
-2013-12-8 Tiago P. Peixoto visits the
group for 4 days and about "Statistical Inference of
Modules in Large-Scale Networks" (Tue. 11AM, 1D1)
-2013-11-25 Matteo Sala joins the group as a Post-Doc.
-2013-10-30 Rico Fischer joins the group as a Diploma Student.
-2013-10-24 Tam\'as T\'el and Jefferson Portela visit the group for
-2013-8-12 Taha Yasseri visits the group for 1 week and talks about
Conflicts and opinion clashes in Wikipedia, from Data to Model on Tuesday, 11 AM 1D1.
-2013-7-3 Laszlo Matyas visits the group for 2 weeks to work on transport
properties in billiards
-2013-7-2 Yen Ting Li talks about Stochastic Competitive Population
Dynamics: A Study on Evolutionarily Stable Dispersal Rate in Heterogeneous Spaces
in our group seminar (11AM, 1D1).
-2013-6-3 Szabolcs Horvát visits the group for 1 month and talks about An
Introduction to Exponential Random Graph Models on Thursday 11AM, at 2D1.
-2013-5-23/24 Inauguration of the new guesthouse!
-2013-4-9 Rainer Klages from
Queen Mary Univ., London, visits the gropu for 4 days and speaks
about Anomalous fluctuation relations, on Wednesday
11AM, room 2D1.
-2013-2-4 Sarah Hallerberg from the MPI-DS in Göttingen visits the group for
3 days at talk about Complex Communication of Social Whales on Tuesday 11AM, at 2D1.
-2013-1-16/17 Diego Rybski from the
PIK-Potsdam, visits the group for two days.
-2013-1-14 Talk Chaos in der Physik as part of the Juniordoktor
-2013-1-7 Prof. Tamás Tél , from Eötvös Univ. Budapest, visits the group for 3
-2013-1-1 Prof. Peter Grassberger joins the group for 6 months.
-2012-12-19 Stefan Siegert from the Mpipks talks (1D1, 11AM) about forecast
- 2012-10-15 Jorge Cardoso Leitao joins the group as a PhD student
-2012-10-01 Fakhteh Ghanbarnejad joins the group as a post-doc.
-2012-09-25 Marcus W. Beims talks (1D1, 11AM) about "Intrinsic stickiness and chaos in open billiards: tiny border effects".
-2012-09-24 Nicholas Moloney talks (1D1, 2pm) about "An information-theoretic model of language".
-2012-06-22 Joăo Viana Lopes (Univ. Porto), visits the group
for 5 days.
-2012-05-28 Carl Dettmann from
the University of Bristol visits the group for a week. On Tuesday, 11 AM 1D1, he talks
about "Anomalous diffusion in periodic lattices".
-2012-05-24 Diego Rybski from the PIK-Potsdam, visits the group for two days.
-2012-05-14 Diego Amâncio from USP, Săo Carlos, visits the group for one
month as part of his Ph.D (funded by FAPESP, Brazil).
-2012-03-18 to 21 Marta
Sales-Pardo and Roger Guimerŕ
(Univ. Tarragona) visit the group. Roger speaks in the Colloquium on Monday (4:30pm,
Seminarroom 1) about Statistical inference for the discovery of hidden interactions
in complex networks . Marta speaks on Tuesday (11AM, 1D1) about The information
era and the evaluation of scientific research
-2012-02-24 Hichem Eleuch (MPIPKS) gives a talk (11am, 1D1) about alpha-Model and predictions
Cristadoro visits the group for one week.
- 2012-02-16 Jorge Cardoso Leitao joins the group as a Master student
(funded by Erasmus placement program) for 5 months.
Madrońero visits the group for three days. On Tuesay
(Jan. 24, 11 AM) he gives a seminar on Complexity and decoherence in few-body
systems: the three-body Coulomb problem and two-electron quantum dots
-2012-01-09 Moritz Schoenwetter joins the group as a Ph. D. student. On
Thursday (Jan. 12, 11 AM) he gives a seminar on Frequency analysis of the classical
dynamics in coupled standard maps using graphics processing units
-2012-01-4 Martin Gerlach joins the group as a Ph. D. student.
-2011-12-13 Orestis Georgiou gives a talk on Impact of boundaries on
fully connected random geometric networks
-2011-11-23 José Maria Miotto joins the group as a Ph. D. student. On
Wednesday (Nov. 30, 11 AM) he will give a seminar on Simple Market Models to understand Income/Wealth Distribution
-2011-10-04 Orestis Georgiou joins the group as a Post-doc.
-2011-08-22 Diego Fregolente from the University of Maribor joins the group
for 6 months, as part of his Ph.D. On Friday (Sep. 2, 11 AM) he gives a seminar
on Statistical properties of time-dependent systems .
- 2011-07-18 Lionel Tabourier from Univ. Curie in Paris and Cristina
M. Pop from the LMU in Munich visit the group
for a week. On Thursday Lionel gives a talk on Detecting traces of diffusion processes in human
- 2011-06-01 Seminar for secondary school Chaos in der Physik .
- 2011-05-12 Xavi Castelló from
IFISC in Mallorca visits the group for 2 days and talks about "Problems of
social consensus in complex networks: the dynamics of language competition"
- 2011-05-02 Oleksandr Chepizhko from the Odessa National University joins
the group for 6 months, as part of his Ph. D.
- 2011-05-02 Tamás Bódai from the Eötvös University Budapest visits the group
for 3 days.
- 2011-04-28 Diego Amâncio from USP, Săo Carlos, visits the group for one
month as part of his Ph.D.
- 2011-04-19 The group joins and participates in the meeting of
the Center for Dynamics in Dresden.
- 2011-04-08 Soeren Wichmann
from the MPI-EVA in Leipzig gives a talk about "Inferring patterns of language
migration from lexical data".
- 2011-01-24 Tamás Bódai from the Eötvös University Budapest visits the group for
3 days and talks about "Noisy chaos in view of snapshot attractors with an application to climate dynamics"
- 2011-01-13 Jefferson Portela joins the group for 2-3 months.
- 2011-01-11 Diego Rybski from the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
visits the group for 2 days and talks "About human activity, long-term memory, and Gibrat's law".
- 2011-01-06 Antonio Endler from UFRGS, Porto Alegre, visits the group for one month.
- 2011-01-01 Group started!