| Lecture 5
| Instructor ]
Lecture 5: Exercises
Suggestions for further reading
- Taylor expansion: Arfken (chap. 5.6)
Questions for Review
- How is the Gamma function defined? What is its value for
- How is the Riemann Zeta function defined?
- What is a Taylor series? How do you calculate its coefficients?
- What is a Maclaurin series?
- Do all functions have a Taylor expansion? Give examples!
- What is the binomial theorem?
- Give the Taylor expansions of the following functions:
- sin(x), cos(x)
- ln(1+x), ln(1-x)
- How can one extend functions like sin, cos, exp,.. into the